EYFS, KS 1, 2; Early Years, First, Second Stage.
Ages 3 - 11
DURATION: 45 mins - 55 mins
OVERVIEW: Minibeasts have existed for around 550 million years and make up approximately 97% of creatures on Earth! In fact, the UK alone is home to 25,000 different species - these little creatures are quite a big deal. Let’s look at Minibeasts together!
During ZooLab’s workshop, children get a fun introduction to invertebrates and classification. They get to question, investigate and learn about scientific discovery.
This workshop answers all the big questions such as - What do Minibeasts have inside them? Are there any similarities between our bodies and theirs?
Animals used in this workshop
Key Workshop Objectives
• Define what a Minibeast is
• Explain how animals are grouped into invertebrates and vertebrates
• Explore the different groups of invertebrate
• Discuss invertebrate body structures
• Consider why Minibeasts are important