ZooLab deliver exciting, memorable and high quality animal handling experiences within the education sector and beyond. We never rest on our laurels and are continually looking at new ways of producing unforgettable, curriculum based workshops which promote animal welfare, environmental awareness, confidence building and provide a genuinely unique learning experience that will be a talking point in your school for years to come. We also provide a unique ZooLab birthday party experience for all ages and amazing animal entertainment at any kind of event.
SPRING INTO ACTION WITH ZOOLAB!
We have a lovely range of workshops suitable for spring.
- Springtime: A look at life cycles and new life for younger children! We demonstrate how our special ZooLab animals deal with winter and then what happens in springtime and in turn we look at how each animal reproduces and prepares for the season ahead.
- Life Cycles: A springtime themed workshop for older children. Our presenter details how springtime triggers reproduction and new growth in the natural world. Including a look at photosynthesis and complete metamorphosis – egg, larva, pupa and adult; a must for any budding Natural Historian.
- Morpho the Munching Millipede - NEW FOR 2015: This workshop follows Morpho the millipede as he hatches, eats and grows his way through a week long adventure! Morpho meets and shares food with the other ZooLab animals and helps reinforce a healthy eating message!
- The Great ZooLab Bughunt: Get your students out of the classroom and into the playground with this fantastic bughunt workshop. ZooLab’s outdoor workshop sees your classroom taken outside into the playground/green-space to hunt for some British wildlife, before meeting ZooLab’s animals!
This 75 minute session will see your classroom outdoors for approx. 20 minutes. During this time they will be introduced to some special, but simple techniques in collecting bugs using specific equipment, provided by ZooLab! We’ll hunt for the likes of spiders, worms, millipedes, flies, snails, slugs, and so much more!
Afterwards the classroom will settle back indoors*, where they will then meet some ZooLab animals; comparing what they have just found to other minibeasts from around the world!
* Outdoor animal handling may be an option. This will be at ZooLab Ranger discretion (dependent on weather and outdoor space).
- Adventures of Trinity the Turtle: A fun story-based workshop that follows the journey of a leatherback turtle as she travels round the Caribbean island of Trinidad. What awesome habitats will she discover and what amazing animals will she meet along the way? (Please note: this workshop does not include a live turtle. Some of our Rangers do however have a tortoise to use - please call to find out more).
T: 0845 330 6322
SPRING INTO ACTION WITH ZOOLAB!
ZooLab EventsEvents carried out by ZooLab UK
ZooLab deliver exciting, memorable and high quality animal handling experiences within the events sector. We never rest on our laurels and are continually looking at new ways of producing unforgettable, animal handing experiences which promote animal welfare, environmental awareness, confidence building and provide a genuinely unique experience that will be a talking point with your clients for years to come.
We can provide –
A unique ‘Ice Breaker’ session
Entertainment at a meeting, conference or activity day
A fun team building exercise
Animals for Film or TV
And much more